So this is a quick review with thoughts from the game, more complete review later. As always feel free to add your own thoughts.
- The referees continue to make incredibly poor calls. Not just against the Red Bulls but against opposing teams as well. It started with the "elbow" against New England and continued today with the "offsides" call for on the owngoal. The referees shouldn't be dictating the game and recently they have. I know that Hans Backe has already stated that there is problems with the officials. When a long time european coach gives his opinions that there are problems, it may be wise to investigate.
- The goal by Stammler was a thing of beauty. It was a rocket and I hope to see more of the same in the future. I'm happy to see that Hans is begining to give playing time to Stammler and Mendes as well as Wully.
- Bouna Coundoul showed why he's the starter. He had a great game and was able to prevent the Chivas offense from converting on some very good looks. The defense also played a great part in this prevention.
- The field work was amazing at points. The movement of the ball was incredible and I like this improvement. The team is playing small ball as well and greating fast break opportunities. The fact we didn't convert on them is a problem, but at least we're creating the looks.
- Lastly, the announced attendance was over 18,000. The team seems to have fallen back into padding the numbers with youth soccer clubs who receive group rates. I hope one day the team can consistently achieve these sort of numbers without doing this.