Last week we reported that the New York Red Bulls could be facing the NY Cosmos in the fourth round of the 2014 US Open Cup, if the NASL side beats the NPSL's Brooklyn Italians in round three. At the time of the announcement, the details on when the game would take place weren't set, but US Soccer released that information earlier today.
The Red Bulls have two possibilities for games in the fourth round:
- If the Brooklyn Italians advance, the Red Bulls will host at Red Bulls Arena on June 11th (Wednesday) at 7:30 pm eastern.
- If the Cosmos advance, the Red Bulls will travel to Shuart Stadium on June 14th (Saturday), and play at 8:30 pm eastern.
Some other match ups to watch in the fourth round:
- The Philadelphia Union will either host the Baltimore Bohemians (USL PDL) on June 10th or the Harrisburgh City Islander (USL Pro) on the 17th.
- D.C. United will either travel to the Rochester Rhinos (USL Pro) or host Reading United (USL PDL). Either game will take place on June 17th.
- The Columbus Crew could host first year NASL side Indy Eleven on June 17th if they get past the Dayton Dutch Lions (USL Pro) which are themselves known MLS killers.
- If the Pittsburgh Riverhounds (USL Pro side which beat the Red Bull U-23 side in Round 2) advance to the 4th round, they'll take on the Chicago Fire on June 18th at Toyota Park.
- The 4th round will see a Texas derby as FC Dallas will either take on the San Antonion Scorpions (NASL) or North Texas (NTX) Rayados (USASA) at Toyota Stadium on June 14th.
- In a preview of a future MLS team, if Orlando City SC (USL Pro) make it into the 4th round, they'll travel to the Colorado Rapids for a June 17th match.