The Gold Cup is the bi-annual championship for CONCACAF. It pits the best national teams against each other for bragging rights. The past few iterations have been held in the United States, and 2015 is no different. CONCACAF today announced the sites that have been picked to host games for the 2015 Gold Cup, including MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. The full list of sites is below.
2015 will mark the NY/NJ area's sixth straight time hosting part of the tournament. The last two editions (2013, 2011) were both hosted by Red Bull Arena, with the now demolished Giants Stadium hosting three straight from 2005 to 2009. This year will mark the first time back to East Rutherford since 2009 and the first time that MetLife will host the tournament.
UPDATE: It was brought to the author's attention that MetLife Stadium (then known as New Meadowlands Stadium) did host Quarterfinal matches in the 2011 Gold Cup. The 2015 Gold Cup will be the second time that MetLife will host CONCACAF's bi-annual tournament.
All Venues for 2015 Gold Cup:
- Group Round
- Toyota Stadium, Dallas, TX
- StubHub Center, Carson, CA
- Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
- Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA
- BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, TX
- University of Pheonix Stadium, Phoenix, AZ
- Sporting Park, Kansas City, KS
- BMO Field, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC
- Knockout Rounds
- Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA
- M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD
- MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
- Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA