Just in case anyone hasn't been paying attention, it had been a really long time since the New York Red Bulls actually won a game at home. Before last Saturday's win against the Columbus Crew, the Red Bulls were winless at RBA since April 23rd when they handed the Houston Dynamo a 4-0 thrashing. The Red Bulls snagged one of their only other home wins just a week before, beating the Philadelphia Union 2-1 in the two Eastern Conference "rivals" first meeting of the season. This evening, they meet for the second time in 2014, in a match that sees both sides desperate for points. The Union will need three points to climb back into the playoff picture and the Red Bulls need three points to stay inside said picture.
Here's what we know:
- Angry Titi is angry....and very, very dangerous
- RBNY is slowly climbing back to full health.
- Philadelphia is struggling.
Here's what we don't know:
- Will this be a repeat of New York's last visit to PPL Park?
- Is the Convey experiment over? Please?