Hot off the heels of a sorely needed, two week break in MLS action, the New York Red Bulls are heading into this Saturday night's match against the Montreal Impact with something to prove....again. Yes, we all thought the short handed, come from behind win against New England a few weeks ago was the Red Bulls turning point, but this time we mean it. Saturday is the day to put the league on notice. New York is turning things around...by heading into a jam packed month that will see the team playing seven games in just over twenty days. Woof. Fortunately for New York, they're starting that log jam of games against the worst team in Major League Soccer.
Here's what we know:
- Montreal has yet to win a game on the road in 2014.
- The Impact may be worn out from travel.
- This is a must win game for New York.
Here's what we don't know:
- Who gets the start next to Olave?
- How will New York handle Montreal's new #10?
- Will the Red Bulls rest some starters?