If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Red Bulls and the community we’ve built here at Once A Metro. Here’s your chance to become a bigger part of this community.
Once A Metro is hiring a site manager. Keep reading to see if this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover the Red Bulls and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Red Bulls and news and is already familiar with Once a Metro.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best fit for the role, and a soccer-related writing sample. If you have questions about the role, the application process, or Once A Metro and SB Nation in general, contact SB Nation’s soccer team brands editor Jeremiah Oshan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Once A Metro and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Red Bulls from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not exactly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.