With the 2011 Red Bulls season opener against the Seattle Sounders coming up later today, we swapped three questions with SB Nation's Sounder at Heart. We'll kick off with one answered by S@H's Dave Clark. After the jump are the other two as well as our three answers to the questions Sounder At Heart posed.
Once A Metro asks Sounder At Heart
1) The departure of Blaise Nkufo shocked most in the MLS world. Do you think Seattle is prepared for a Nkufo-less frontline? And do you feel comfortable with your strikers coming into this weekend's match?
Seattle's front line is decimated by injury and the Nkufo news. It is essentially limited now to Fredy Montero and O'Brian White with only replacement level players available off the bench. This will remain true until either Nate Jaqua or Mike Fucito get healthy. While Roger Levesque will put in great effort and could help protect a lead, there isn't someone who can offer some punch for a late game winner. So, no, I'm not comfortable at all.
2) There seemed to be some type of agitation around the Seattle camp towards the end of the preseason. Sigi Schmid in particular revealed concerns surrounding the team. After the loss to the Galaxy and the additional pressure it created, do you think Seattle will be able refocus?
3) Kasey Keller has stated that this will be the last season in his illustrious career. On the lone goal Tuesday, he seemed somewhat slow on Juninho's strike. Are there any worries over Keller's play and is he a player that can be exploited by the Red Bulls?
1) Backe has re-evaluted his push for the Supporters Shield in light of the number of players that could be called up for the Gold Cup and Copa America. Is this also a sign that Red Bulls don't have the depth for the league season?
2) Rafa Marquez is moving back from CDM to a Centerback role. This will limit his ability to get into the attack. What do you think about having a DP in a defensive role like that?
3) Ream and Agudelo are both going to featured elements in New York's potential success. Can the team count on both these youngsters for a full season and playoffs?