Just when you thought the injury situation couldn't get any worse for the Red Bulls, Kristian Dyer of Big Apple Soccer tweets an injury report that looks more like a laundry list from practice.
The addition: Stephen Keel, out three weeks with a back injury. Jan Gunnar Solli was out of practice today, too, getting a calf scan, a precaution per Hans Backe.
So add Keel, and possibly Solli, to Juan Agudelo, who suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee in late March, Wilman Conde, who came up with a groin injury after the Bulls' win over Montreal March 31, Teemu Tainio, who was similarly injured and Roy Miller who came off during the draw agains the San Jose Earthquakes. Oh, and Rafael Marquez won't be back until the Red Bulls host the Houston Dynamo May 9.
To recap, with updates via Dyer, and the game they should be back (by Backe's estimation):
- Juan Agudelo, 7-10 days, May 5 at LA Galaxy
- Wilman Conde, out a month, either vs. Chivas USA May 23 or June 16 at Chicago Fire
- Teemu Tainio, out a month, either vs. Chivas USA May 23 or June 16 at Chicago Fire
- Roy Miller, out 10-14 days, either May 5 at LA or May 9 vs Houston,
- Rafael Marquez, 3 game suspension, May 9 vs Houston
- Stephen Keel, out 3 weeks, May 19 at Montreal Impact