clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Report: Bolton Wanderers reject bids from QPR and Fulham for Tim Ream

Bolton is quick to respond to rumored interest in its former Red Bull and current Player of the Year.

Jamie McDonald/Getty Images

It didn't take long to get a reaction to the latest reports linking former New York Red Bulls Defender of the Year and current Bolton Wanderers mainstay Tim Ream to Queens Park Rangers and Fulham.

Bolton manager Neil Lennon addressed the matter after his side's 0-1 loss to Burton Albion in the Capital One Cup, acknowledging two bids from QPR and one from Fulham and saying none had been good enough for the club to accept.

But he did not rule out the possibility of the player moving on. As reported by ESPN FC, Lennon told the post-match press corps Bolton would consider a bid that met its opinion of Ream's market value:

If and when a bid comes in that satisfies the club, we have a decision to make.

Lennon also said he expected Ream to be in the squad for Bolton's next match - against Middlesbrough this weekend.

The transfer window in England is open until September 1, so expect to hear more about Tim Ream and a possible new club for the former Red Bull over the coming weeks.